Products > EDGE
EDGE - Contact METECS to see how you can use this premier graphics package cost free!
METECS develops, maintains, and distributes NASA's Engineering DOUG Graphics for Exploration (EDGE) software. EDGE is the publicly available version of NASA's Dynamic Onboard Ubiquitous Graphics (DOUG) software which is used onboard the International Space Station and extensively in training and analysis simulations at Johnson Space Center (JSC). Leveraging years of NASA funded development METECS is able to provide this premier graphics engine, cost free, to qualifying customers. Please click on the movie below to see the many benefits of EDGE:
- Windows, Mac, and Linux compatible
- Delivered with high fidelity Space Station models
- Networked architecture for distributed image generation
- Extensible architecture using plugins and scripts
- Built in recording capability
- Configurable 2D/3D HUDs and Overlays
- Realtime shadows
- Customizable planet elevations, atmospheres, and imagery
- Loads terrain data directly in GDAL formats
- Double precision and infinite z-buffer resolution
- Supports multiple model formats, additional formats may be added through plugins
Please review our EDGE Features and Applications.
Contact METECS to apply for this proven product and inquire how we can include EDGE in an overall simulation, training, or analysis solution.
Integration Assistance and Support
METECS has helped many customers integrate EDGE with their simulations, data sets, facilities, and hardware. Our expertise with EDGE allows us to quickly perform this integration, as well as provide needed customizations such as:
- EDGE plugins and scripts
- Movie creation
- Realtime HUD's, data displays, and overlays
- 3D Modeling in multiple formats
In addition, METECS can provide support for the EDGE software and consultation where required. Contact us to see how we can help you utilize EDGE 3D visualization.